Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. For more information, please visit our Disclaimer Page.
Is it illegal to have a modded Xbox?
If something is illegal, it means it’s unlawful or the law says it’s not allowed. That’s not the case for having a modded Xbox. No law says having one is not allowed; as such, it’s not illegal to mod your Xbox One.
Although it’s not illegal to mod your Xbox One, you need to understand that doing it could be against the policies of Microsoft. According to PCWorld, Microsoft , the giant tech company mentioned many years back that:
“a small percentage of consoles…modified to play pirated game discs.”
If caught in the act, Microsoft says you’ll lose your warranty and will be banned permanently from Xbox Live.
As you now know, the modding of Xbox One console is a punishable offense that could make Microsoft remove you from Xbox Live and cancel your warranty since they have done so in the past with Xbox 360 modding. Apart from that, you need to understand that mods] for gmes can be dangerous.
For example, according to Microsoft, Xbox modding is very risky and may jeopardize the security and stability of your Windows 10/11 device, and the business is not liable for game modifications or activities made by that mod once downloaded on the console.
Can you mod an Xbox One?
The simple and direct answer to this question is yes, you can always add mods to your Xbox One. Not all games support mods. Since that’s the case, the first thing you need is to search for the games that support mods.
As soon as you find mods-supported games, all you need is to install them. After that, you’ll need to launch the Xbox app for Windows on your PC. Next, go to the game’s information page to enable mods. It’s that simple.
The button line is that you can certainly mod your Xbox One. Minecraft is one of the most popular games across the world; because of its nature and PC inception, it’s pretty mod-friendly. It’s one of the game’s that you can mod on your Xbox One. Surviving Mars, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Subnautica, and Fallout 4 are some other games that you can always mod on your Xbox One.
How do you install mods on Xbox One?
Now that you know that you can always install mods on Xbox One, it’s time to get to work. But wait, how exactly can you go about installing mods on your Xbox One?
It’s pretty simple; according to a post on the Xbox support page, the very first step to installing mods on Xbox One involves identifying the games that support modding. Lucky you, I already mentioned some of them in the previous section of this post.
After identifying the game, you need to confirm that the game supports mods. To check that, you need to “launch the Xbox app for Windows on your PC.” After that, navigate to the game’s details page, and check if you can see something like – “This game can be modded.” If yes, it means the game can certainly be modded on your Xbox.
- Now, you need to install the game. As soon as you’ve successfully done that, all you need is to launch the Xbox game app and return to the game’s details page.
- From there, locate the “More actions” button and click on it.
- You’ll see an option that requires you to “Enable Mods“. Tap on it and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
As soon as you Enable Mods, you’ll automatically be able to access the game’s folder easily for modding. To access the folder and complete the modding process, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- For the mods you download to work with your game, they need to be added to the mods folder.
- To access the mods folder, all you need is to launch the Xbox app for Windows on your PC and then navigate to the game’s details page.
- This time around, you’re going to look for the “More actions” button. After locating it, click on it and select the “Open mods folder.“
Here’s how to download Minecraft on Xbox One console
So far, I’ve only been able to put you through the simple and direct steps to download mods on your Xbox One console. Now, let’s get down to the real practice. If you’re a Minecraft lover, the following steps will put you through how to download and install Minecraft on your Xbox One.
Things you need
For the download and installation process, the first thing you need is the MC Addons Manager on the Xbox One. You need the add-on along with your Xbox One’s Minecraft and Microsoft Edge browser.
You can download the MC Addons Manager on your Xbox if you don’t already have one. To do that, you need to press Y on your game controller. After that, all you need is to search for MC Addons Manager and download it.
Here’s how to download mods
Now that you have everything required of you already, it’s time to start downloading your Minecraft mods on your Xbox One console. To do that, follow the steps below:
- On your Xbox console, you need to open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Next, enter “mcdlspot.com” into the address bar and press enter. In case you don’t know, mcdlspot is one of the most reliable platforms for getting mods and skins of all kinds.
- On mcdlspot, locate “Mods” and click on it to find your preferred mods.
- Once you’ve found your preferred mods, click on them (one at a time). After that, click on “Download Resource”. You’ll be redirected to a page, follow the instructions on the page and download the Mediafire file.
- Next, click on “Download Behavior” and repeat the process for the above step.
Here’s how to install the mods for Minecraft
For you to import the already downloaded mods to your Minecraft, the first step is to launch the MC Addons manager.
- After that, locate and click on import at the top of the page.
- Next, choose MCpacks and import
- Now, you need to open your Minecraft. On the game’s screen, follow these steps (Play > Create new > Create New World).
- Next, activate Experimental Gameplay.
- After that, click on Resource Pack and then My Packs. From there, activate your preferred mod pack and repeat the process for Behavior Pack.
- The last step requires you to click on “Create” to finish up with the modding process. That’s all; you can now start enjoying the mods for your Minecraft.
You can also perform these steps for other mods-supported games, such as Surviving Mars and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.