Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. For more information, please visit our Disclaimer Page.
There are a couple of options for swiping on Instagram on PC. Arguably, one of the best methods is to utilize your trackpad. Doing that will allow you to scroll through the content using your two fingers. Another way to swipe on Instagram on PC is by using a 4-way scroll mouse – this offers its users hyper-speed scrolling.
Instagram is a free, online photo-sharing and social media platform owned by Facebook. According to Statista, the platform currently has roughly one billion monthly active users. Well, this is possible because of the many amazing features that the photo-sharing app offers.
Instagram, which is accessible on both PCs and mobile devices, allows its users to perform several different functions, such as editing and uploading photos and short videos. Interestingly, you can always post multiple photos at once on the photo-sharing app. For a single post, Instagram will allow you to add as many as ten photos in your gallery or camera roll.
On Instagram for mobile apps, it’s always easy to swipe and view posts. All you need to do is to use your finger to scroll through the posts. However, you can use the same approach on Instagram for PC.
Most people often find it pretty hard to swipe posts on Instagram for PC. Having gone through several social media platforms and forums, one of the frequently asked questions regarding Instagram posts is – how to swipe them easily on Instagram for PC.
An Instagram post can be a video or photo that’s posted by a user on the photo-sharing platform. When a user uploads multiple photos or videos on a single post, it’s called an Instagram carousel post.
That said, for you to swipe carousel posts on Instagram for PC, you can follow the simple and direct steps below:
- One of the best ways to swipe carousel posts on Instagram for PC is to make use of the arrow keys on your keyboard. With these keys, you should be able to swipe left or right to view the posts.
- Apart from using the arrow keys, you can also consider using the trackpad to swipe posts on your Instagram for PC.
- The spacebar key on your keyboard can also help you swipe posts quickly on Instagram on PC. All you need to do is press the key pressed to scroll the posts. Interestingly, keeping the spacebar key pressed for a long time can help you scroll down to the bottom of a user’s profile on your PC.
The Instagram app is known to have rich features, which you can use to perform several functions, including swiping through photos. However, you can always say the same thing about Instagram for PCs.
Instagram for PC, launched a few years ago, is a feature-limited desktop interface of Instagram. In the beginning, when people started using the platform on their laptops, no feature supported direct messages and swiping of photos. These features didn’t come until recently when the latest Windows 10 Instagram updates were rolled out to users.
With the newly updated Windows 10 Instagram app, users can now create photo and video posts right from their laptops. That’s not all; the Windows 10 update also allows Instagram users to view multiple photos in a post by using the new arrow feature introduced by the platform.
With these arrows, you can easily swipe right and left to see photos posted by your friends and followers on Instagram.
Apart from using the arrow features provided by Instagram, there are a couple of other options you can choose to swipe photos on your Instagram for PC. Let’s have a quick look at some of them below:
As earlier mentioned, the use of a trackpad is arguably one of the best ways to swipe photos on your Instagram for PC. I’m sure you know that a trackpad is a touch-sensitive interface on your laptop that allows you to interact with and control your PC using the touch sensor of your finger.
Furthermore, this trackpad option only works for touchscreen laptops. If that’s what you’re using, start by launching Instagram for PC on your device. After that, look for the post you want to view and use the touchpad device to swipe the photos left or right.
Yes, it’s that simple. Just place your middle 2 fingers on the trackpad device and move a stroke from the right side to the left side. After that, you should notice a left arrow display on the image. Clicking on it will take you back to the previous images.
A 4-way scroll mouse (Logitech m500) is another option that you can rely on to swipe through photos on your Instagram for PC. This type of mouse is special as it offers hyper-speed scrolling on your PC.
That said, with a 4-way scroll mouse connected to your laptop, you can always swipe through photos easily on Instagram for PC. This device will enable you to scroll 4 ways. That means you’ll be able to scroll left & right and up & down, without necessarily having to use the on-screen navigation bars provided by the photo-sharing platform.
Are you finding it pretty hard to scroll comments on your Instagram for PC? If yes, there are a couple of options to get the job done.
First, you can make use of your device’s trackpad. To do that, all you need to do is scroll down through the comments on your post using the touch-sensitive interface on your PC. If you don’t use a touch-screen PC, the best method is to go for a 4-way scroll mouse, which will allow you to scroll left and right as well as up and down.
4-way scroll mice make scrolling easy on Instagram as you won’t have to rely on any on-screen navigation bars. That said, for you to scroll comments easily and quickly on Instagram for PC using any of the two options above, all you need to do is follow the simple steps below:
- Start by launching Instagram for PC on your PC.
- After that, locate the post – which you want to check its comments.
- Next, navigate to the comment section of the post. Under the section, you’ll see some comments but not all comments will be displayed in the section.
- To view more comments, scroll down using your trackpad or 4-way scroll mouse. As you scroll up, you’ll see a “Load more comments” link, click on it to see more comments.
- You’ll have to repeat the step continuously to see more comments from the post.
- After checking all comments, all you need to do is to scroll down to go back to the top of the comment section.
In case you have certain comments that you need to attend to and are finding it pretty easy to scroll through the many comments on the post, there’s a way you can get the job done easily.
- If you’re using a Windows PC, press CTRL+F to bring out the Search bar in your browser.
- If what you have is a Mac, all you need to do is press Command+F to get access to the search bar, which will pop up at the top right corner of the page.
- Next, type the keyword of the comment you’re looking to reply to. This way, you’ll be able to navigate through any crowded comments on your posts.