When you browse through YouTube, no doubt you`ll bump on a video you love — but it can be difficult to know how to extract songs from YouTube videos or download music playing in the background of a video.
But there actually isn’t any arm twisting required to extract audio from YouTube. It’s simple.
This guide will walk you through 4 ways to get audio from YouTube, all the methods suggested here are awesome!
Extract Audio with a YouTube to Audio Converter
If you prefer HD sound quality, a YouTube to audio converter will let you download a YouTube video as an MP3 file, which flawlessly addresses the need for extracting audio from YouTube.
There are hundreds of converters you can choose from. But like everything, they are all different in small ways.
Some are slow in the conversion and downloading process, while others have dozens of ads. Some are also difficult to navigate your way through.
Let`s focus on the best ways.
GenYouTube is one of the fastest and easiest ways to extract HD audio from YouTube.
The best part is that it is freely available for any device to download multiple audio formats. It is not selective when it comes to devices, meaning you can use it on Android, iPhone, Windows, or Mac.
Step-by-step Guide to use GenYouTube:
- From YouTube, copy the URL of the video you want to extract the audio.
- Head over to your browser and open the GenYouTubewebsite and paste the URL you copied from YouTube.
- Hit the Search icon to open the selected video and the available download format.
- Select your preferred audio format to initiate the download. (If download doesn’t start automatically, hit the download icon at the furthest right on top of the page).
Utilize MedianHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter
If you’re a Windows, Mac, or an Ubuntu user, and you’re seeking a full-fledged desktop app to extract audios from YouTube, MedianHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter can correctly address your need.
It has exceptional features that you may not find on other software.
The app allows batch-download and multi-link to enable you to line up and execute multiple downloads of audios from YouTube.
What`s more, you can use the software to track playlists of new YouTube videos and automatically extract audio.
How to Extract Audio from YouTube Video Using MediaHuman Converter
- Navigate to the YouTube video you`d like to extract audio from, and copy the URL from the address bar of the browser to the clipboard.
- Open MediaHuman and click on the “Paste URL” button and paste the link. A download list will instantly appear with the details of the video.
- Head over to the download arrow button next to the video`s panel and click on it to initiate the download.
- Wait for the extraction process to finish. It will take some time to complete the extraction depending on your file size and internet speed.
If the link consists of multiple YouTube videos, and you want to extract audio from all of them, navigate to the “Start” button on your top-right, and hit it to initialize the extraction.
Vidmate is another excellent choice to instantly extract audios from YouTube videos if you are an Android, iPhone, or Windows user.
What makes it unique is that it is convincingly fast and easy to use to extract audio from YouTube.
It is a browser app with YouTube as its default search engine. The program saves you the trouble of copy-pasting links or the inconvenience of downloading the YouTube video first.
How to Use Vidmate to Extract Audio from YouTube
- Download and install Vidmate app on your system.
- On launching the app, you`ll see a search tab on top of the screen. Key in the keyword of the YouTube video you`re looking for and hit the Search option.
- The browser will automatically direct you to YouTube. Locate the video you`re looking for and click on it.
- Once the YouTube video starts to play, a red download button will pop up asking you to download. Click on it to open all the resolutions and formats of the video available.
- On the top part of the download screen, you see all the audio resolutions and formats available.
- Click on the audio resolution you prefer and hit the Download button at the bottom of the screen to initiate the audio extraction and download.
- Download VLC media player to your system.
- On your keyboard, hit the Ctrl and N keys once you`re on your VLC window to open a dialog box asking you to enter the URL of the network.
- On the dialog box, paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to extract audio from and hit the “Play” button at the bottom of the windows.
- VLC will start streaming the YouTube video you want to extract audio from. Pause the streaming, (or you can leave it streaming) and head over to the “Tools” button on top of the VLC window.
- Selecting Tools opens a drop-down menu. On the menu, select “Codec Information.”
- From the Codec tab, at the very bottom end, copy the long URL.
- Paste the copied URL into any web browser in your system.
- Once the video starts to load, hit the Ctrl and S key simultaneously to download the YouTube video.
- When you finish downloading, go back to VLC and press the Ctrl and R keys to open convert and Save option on VLC.
- Click the Add button and locate the YouTube video you previously downloaded and select it.
- After selecting the video, hit the Convert and Save button at the bottom end of that window.
- VLC will prompt you to choose the destination of your converted file. Select one to initiate the conversion.
Use VLC Media Player
VLC is a free advanced media player. In fact, it works excellently in extracting audio from YouTube in mac, OS, Linux, and Windows.
It is the last on the list because it requires more work, but all in all, it works very well.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using VLC to extract audio:
All the above ways work excellently in extracting audio from YouTube. Choose the one that you find most convenient.